Scan a product
The Scan button at the bottom left will lauch the camera to start scanning.
You could scan any food product barcode: Cajoul will then search for product characteristics in its database. When found, a product detailed information page will be displayed, showing:
- product picture, name and brand;
- Cajoul rating, between 0 and 10;
- detailed nutritional information when known, with the split between fats, glucids and proteins, and quantity of sugars, saturated fats, proteins, salt and fibers for 100g of products;
- summary of product additives;
- Nutriscore rating. This reference European score is computed taking into account product type, proteins, saturated fats, sugars, fibers and percentage of fruits and vegetables.
At the top of the product nutritional information, tabs allows to view product ingredients, detailed information on product additives and their health risks, and to compare this product with other similar products. Some of those tabs may not been shown, for example the Additive tab will not be displayed if there is no additive in the product.
When scanning a barcode, the product information page will be first displayed on the bottom half of the screen, allowing you to view summary product data at a glance. You could then slide the page up to review all product characteristics if you wish or continue to scan another product right away.
On iOS, a Shopping cart button allows to add the product to your shopping cart, you could then set its price and expiration date if you wish.
Instead of scanning at the shop, you could also search any product from home using the Search view, then click on a product to view the product detailed information.